Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten... sniff, sniff...

So today I finally feel all grown up, kind of... Kate started Kindergarten! You would think after 2 years of preschool I would have gotten used to the idea of her being in school, but it is a whole different story taking her to the "BIG" school. She just looks like a tiny fish in a really big pond! She on the other hand was totally excited to be going. Once she saw her own cubby and the playground, she didn't look back. The funniest part was on Back to School night last week we were in the lobby of the school with our entire bishopric, Mike (young men pres.), our old bishop and counselors in the young mens presidency, and 3 friends from our ward-we were all just chatting about our kids. Only in Utah Right! So Kate had such a great day. It helps that her teacher resembles a grandma, jumper and all. She is so sweet. I even made cinnamon rolls from scratch, which my Mom made for us ever first day of school ever! So 3 hours later... They were yummy though, if I do say so myself! She thought so too! Well I guess it is officially time for me to grow up. I have a child that has homework, so weird. I feels like I just had homework due like last week! Scary, I hope she doesn't get smarter than me already, I might have to study myself!

2 comments:

Nika, Travis, Ayda and Zander said...

How are you old enough to have a baby in school...I don't like it one bit...not one little bit. But she looked cute!!

Miranda said...

She looks so excited! How fun! My baby (boy who is now 10) just started 5th grade...FREAKY!!!