Sunday, August 24, 2008

Running shoes $130, Tube of GU $2, Running a Half Marathon with my Dad, PRICELESS!

On Saturday I ran the Hobble Creek Half with my Dad. Of all the races I have done, this by far will be my favorite! I felt more satisfaction from this race, not because it was my fastest time, but because I ran it with someone who I look up to more than anyone in the world. My Dad is an amazing example to me of determination and hard work. I was so proud of him. There is nothing more satisfying then trying to push someone who has pushed you to be better and work harder all your life. It felt so rewarding to watch him accomplish something he never thought possible. I found strength in myself I never thought I had. It is amazing what happens mentally and physically when you put your own self aside in an effort to support someone else. I think I cried the last tenth of a mile. I think everyone must have thought I was crazy! I love my Dad so much. It will be a moment I will always remember!

4 comments:

Smolkaville said...

So fun! Good for you and Dale. Maybe after my next baby, I'll consider the whole half marathon thing again. :) I had the thought to start training and then I got pregnant with Carson. It looks like so much fun...and LOTS of hard work and dedication. Way to go! It looks like Kim and Dave ran it as well.

Miranda said...

Woo and welcome to "blogging world"! Check out my blog...it will contact you to Bowen's (Tara/Dean) and Olson's (TJ/Rach).
ecclesfam.blogspot.com

Tara said...

Fun to have you in blogging world. Congrats on the run! Your amazing.

Nika, Travis, Ayda and Zander said...

You look great!!Good job to you and Dale, he is a good dad, I always loved him a lot!! I love all of your posts, you are really getting the hand of this.